Sunday, November 27, 2005

Persecution

Our service was about the persecuted church this morning. It's been a long and quite horrible week for me (hence the lack of posts) and I guess it brought me down to earth that despite my worries and woes, I have it easy. People in some other countries aren't allowed to worship freely - they can't go to church openly. In some places if they do they get bombed by terrorists, in some places its illegal, in some they are disciminated against in the kind of jobs they are allowed (eg, only low paid). These are our brothers and sisters as much as people in our local church, and yet I don't support them through prayer very much, or financially.

I feel pretty hypocritical really.

And then we sing songs about worshipping God and praising His name, when we aren't stepping out in faith and helping these people (
James 2:14). What good is that?

I can do two things now - I can wallow in self pity, and still do nothing (then the devil wins) or I can ask God to help me change the way I think and act. People are tired of hypocrites and liars - Lord, give me Love, and help me be genuine.

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;" (2 Corinthians 4:8).

The Barnabus Fund - Hope and aid for the persecuted church...