Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Prayer

The angel said, "Don't be afraid. I'm here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: a Savior has just been born in David's town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master. This is what you're to look for: a baby wrapped in a blanket and lying in a manger."

At once the angel was joined by a huge angelic choir singing God's praises:

"Glory to God in the heavenly heights, Peace to all men and women on earth who please him"
Luke 2:10-14 (The Message)

Lord,
At this time when we remember the birth of Your Son our saviour,
Disturb me in my comfort
Give me Your heart for all humanity
Help me Love others as You love me, even when it's scary, inconvenient or embarassing.
Keep me from being hypocritical, pompous or proud,
Help me be constantly aware of Your grace
Keep me humble, Lord
And make me more like Jesus Christ
In His name
Amen